- Developmental Editing – Traditionally this has been the first stop for a manuscript once it arrives at a publisher. Though it may include things like word choice and flow related to punctuation, it is primarily concerned with the presentation of the story. Does it make sense? Does it hit the right milestones at the right time? Are audience expectations being managed in keeping with genre and demographics? Are there plot holes? Does the language suit the audience, genre and time-period. We offer both full read-through services on a prepared manuscript, as well as pre-writing consultation on plot and outlines. We can't guarantee your manuscript will sell, but we will help you refine your plot and story until it is tight and ready for your intended audience.
- Marketing Copy – Selling yourself is probably the hardest thing you can try to do. So why not let us do it for you. We offer book blurbs at a flat rate, written in consultation with you live, so at the end of an hour you have your blurb and are ready to start uploading. If you need more detailed marketing copy, either for your cover, for press releases, or for your extended descriptions, we can assist you with that as well. There is a tried and true formula to the sales pitch, let us help you find the right way to match your book to your intended audience.
- Copy/Line Editing – While we are primarily focused on developmental editing, we do offer a close reading of your text, especially non-fiction, to make sure it complies with your selected style for publication and conveys your meaning as clearly as possible.
- eBook Output – Formatting your text for the various online distribution centers can be a pain without the right tools. Luckily we have them and are very quick at what we do. Most books up to around 50,000 words can be formatted in about an hour with basic chapter and scene breaks. More complex formatting isn't an issue either, and we know how to tweak the output so that it stays consistent across reading devices. We can literally save you hours of work and several headaches. Turn around time can be as fast as the same day.
- Print Ready PDF – Paperback books are still selling, and can make a nice addition to round out your offering. Basic formats can be accomplished within an hour or two. More complex interiors can be done as well, including multiple font faces and formatting to correctly portray whatever you need to. From the attitude of different letter writers in an epistolary novel, to the precise timeline of a mystery/thriller. We'll work with you to create the exact interior format to suit your needs, including poetry and other non-linear texts.
- Print Cover Formatting – We don't do the artwork, but if you've already selected stock images, or commissioned a great piece of cover art, we can help you roll that into a professional looking cover with all the right elements in exactly the right places so that your book is indistinguishable upon first glance from those put out by traditional publishing houses. Marketing copy can be provided at additional cost.
- Ghost Writing – Sometimes you need a practiced hand to bring your notes or rough draft up to scratch. We seldom take on these projects, as the cost is usually high. But if you had the write project, especially one that we felt was important to get into print, we would be willing to discuss terms. Our writing staff is trained in both fiction and non-fiction, especially in the Humanities and Psychological Sciences.
The base rate for all services is $20/hr, however, quotes are generated based on project needs and length of manuscript, after we have reviewed a short sample and provided feedback for you to ascertain the quality of our work.
Some standard services are billed at flat rates*:
Time Frame and Terms